This page describes how to install The Racing System. Instructions for both the full install and the upgrade install appear below.
If you wish to remove the software, we recommend that you follow the uninstall instructions. This will ensure that that all traces of the system are removed and miscellaneous files are not left stranded on your machine
We assume are you using Windows (e.g. NT, Windows 98, Windows 95, XP). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you are using non-English windows, here are the steps you must perform in order to complete the installation. This only applies to versions 4.14 and before.
- Download the file(s) into a temporary directory, say c:\race.
- Unzip everything each of the ZIP files you have downloaded. If you need an unzipping tool, try WinZip. You can put everything into separate directories (eg. disk1, disk2) or you can unzip everything into a single directory.
- Open Windows Explorer and run
c:\race\setup.exeand follow the instructions provided. Don't try to run it from within WinZip or you'll get an error.
Once you have the program installed and no longer want the installation files, delete the temporary (c:\race) directory.
- Download the files into a temporary directory.
- Unzip everything into your program directory (
c:\Program Files\DVL Software Limited\The Racing System). Overwrite any existing files. If you need an unzipping tool, try WinZip.
There is one known installation problem. We do not know why it occurs on some machines. If your installation program complains that it cannot find wl50ent.dll or a similar file, we have a solution.
- Manually locate wl50ent.dll and place this file in your windows directory (normally either c:\windows or c:\winnt). You will find this wl50ent.dll in the ZIP files you downloaded. Or you can download wl50ent.zip.
- Run setup again.
- After it runs successfully, delete the copy you placed in your windows directory.
- If you have any difficulty at all, no matter how minor, please let us know. We will fix the problem as soon as possible and upload the changes for you.
[ About | Search | Feedback | Support ]