[ About | Search | Feedback | Support ]
This page contains details of each revision of The Racing System. For each version, we supply the date of release and an overview of the changes implemented.
9 January 2001 - v4.18
- Note: version 4.17 was not widely released and 4.18 was created some months ago but only recently added to the download page.
- Add teams capabality to system.
- The only known bug is printing related. Occasionally, an attempt to print will fail. A simple workaround is available. If printing fails, click on the main part of the window you are trying to print (e.g. on the racer name). Then try printing again. It should work. If it doesn't please contact us.
29 November 1999 - v4.16
- Added files which were missing from distribution. Affect only scramble race-type.
- Removed obscure situation where the same person could be opened more than once. Entries ->People/Entries, then select a person. Then do Entries ->People/Entries, and select the same person again. Fixed.
- A person can now be opened by bib number. Previously you could do this only by name.
- A results tab has been added to the data entry screen. All results for that person can be viewed/amended from this window. This should improve result maintenance times.
9 April 1999 - v4.15
- Several windows have had error checking code added to them. For some reason, these checks were neglected in previous versions. Database integrity checks prevented any corruption from occurring. But nonetheless, the user was being presented with a database error message instead of a nice friendly message explaining what was wrong and how they could fix it. The following windows were affected
- Entry screen - didn't require Event and Class to be filled in
- Color screen - now tells the user if a color can not be deleted because it is being used on an order.
- Country screen - now tells the user if a country can not be deleted because it is being used by someone.
- Item screen - now tells the user if an item can not be deleted because it is being used on an order.
- Size screen - now tells the user if a size can not be deleted because it is being used on an order.
- There was also a nasty bug which prevented people from ordering more than one item. Luckily, this has been fixed. But I must say this was a bug in the Sybase-supplied PFC code. And I've posted details of it and the workaround to the newsgroups.
14 July 1998 - v4.14
- We've modified the way in which the database handles software upgrades. Static data which previously existed within the database now resides within the application. This change will reduce the number of database upgrades that must be performed when a new module is added.
- The Results->Amend/Verify screen has been enhanced with respect to duplicate bib numbers. If a the bib number entered exists on more than one entry for this event, you will be presented with a message stating this fact. You will also be asked whether or not you wish to view the Duplicate Bib Numbers reports. From this report, you can call up the entries in question and make the required amendments.
- In Setup->Races, the message which used to appear when deleting the Expected Lap Time has been removed.
- Errors are now logged to a file: TheRacingSystem.log. This file may be deleted at any time. If an unexpected error occurs, you may wish to send us the last few entries in this file.
- The online-help has been expanded to include a list of the warning messages which are displayed within the results. You can download this separately if you wish.
12 July 1998 - v4.13
- We've made a mistake. We released the wrong version of the database with Version 4.12 of The Racing System. The symptom of this problem is the inability to display results. If you try Results->View/Print for one of the World Cup races and you get zero rows, then you probably have the wrong database. If this is the case, you'll need the database patch. We apologise for our error and regret the inconvenience it has caused.
- This release contains the correct database. The previous release did not. If you downloaded v4.12, you'll need the database patch.
- Updated the license information to allow for longer licensee names.
- Decreased the time it takes to produced results.
2 July 1998 - v4.12
- Added the Time Trial event.
- Renamed the title of the following windows so as to more accurately reflect the function of that window:
- Results->Amend/Verify windows
- Added warning to Results printout which displays if the Start Time is after the first Lap Time.
- Updated the help file to reflect the above changes. This is included in the downloads for this version.
27 June 1998 - v4.11
- Added a row-focus indicator to the country table maintenance. Previously, it was too difficult to tell which row you were on.
- Fixed a spelling mistake in the Class Wizard.
- Added the preferences service. The system will remember the size and position of each window. When that window is opened again, the size and position will be restored.
- We had a problem with the printing of timing sheets. The total number of sheets was not correct.
- Context sensitive help has been added. Why not download the latest help file?
- Fixed a bug with the Class Wizard. Under some circumstances, duplicate classes were being created.
12 April 1998 - v4.10
- The manually-assigned race numbers screen now provides extended sorting capabilities.
- We found and fixed a very obscure problem with Amend/Verify Results.
- The online-help file has been expanded. A future release will provide context-sensitive help.
29 March 1998 - v4.09
- Fixed a bug which prevented a order from being added to an existing racer unless you specified how much they have paid.
- Confirmation letters had problem with some types of orders. This has been fixed.
- References to 'Race Numbers' were changed to 'Bib Numbers'.
- Some menus were rearranged to improve the grouping of related items.
- The online-help file has been integrated with the application. A future release will provide context-sensitive help.
17 March 1998 - v4.08
- Added function to remove all assigned race numbers.
- You can set the sort order on the Racers without Results report.
- Found and fixed a problem with selecting names for confirmation letters. We recommend that you sort according to Last Name, First Name when printing confirmation letters.
- We modified the list of classes for printing to make it obvious what row is now selected. This window is displayed when you select Results->View/Print.
22 February 1998 - v4.07
- The Master List now includes Country when exported to an external file.
- Navigation buttons have been added to the main data entry screen. These VCR-type buttons will work from any of the three tabs on the window and will take to the first, last, next, or previous person in the list.
- File/Save As is now available from most screens. Several output formats are available.
15 February 1998 - v4.06
- Added code to prevent more than one instance of the application running at the same time.
- Enhanced the race number allocation strategy.
- Added Class Wizard.
29 January 1998 - v4.05
- Released only to existing customers. Contained a database design change to cater for future planned expansions.
- Included fix for the File/Print problem reported on 25 January 1998.
18 January 1998 - v4.04
- New install program fixes reported bug encountered on some Windows 95 installations.
- Added Database Wizard.
- Redesigned menus to make items easier to find.
- Added fix to ensure all bookmarks are properly assigned when creating a new meeting.
- Added message warning that a default event must be selected before results can be entered, amended, or printed.
- Renamed some labels (Age Group and Racer Category) on the Entry screen to reflect menu items.
4 January 1998 - v4.03
- Fixed problem with Meeting Wizard which wasn't aware of recent table changes.
- Repaired bug which required that racer details be saved before the order details were entered.
- Error messages are now distributed with the application eliminating the need for database upgrades when new versions are released.
- Made sure that Add Row worked where it should and wasn't available elsewhere.
26 December 1997 - v4.02
- Contains expanded options for displaying and printing results.
December 1997 - v4.01
- Limited distribution of fixes for specific clients.
January 1997 - v4.0
- Dual Slalom interface added.
March 1997 - v3.2
- added user defined header and footer space for sponsor information on results using PowerBuilder 5.
January 1996 - v3.1
- with multi-lap capability released
June 1995 - v2.0
- racing license details added plus various reports and error checking facilities
- v1.0 released
Download | General Info | Technical Info | Licensing | Payment | FAQ | Data | Screen Examples
[ About | Search | Feedback | Support ]